Event Phone: 626-831-6953
- March 3, 2018
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
MG Kenpo Academy & Jeff Speakman Kenpo 5.0 Whittier will be holding a FREE Women’s Self-Defense Workshop that will cover a variety of topics.
Taught primarily by 4th Degree Kenpo black belt, Mr. Maurice Gomez & 5th Degree Kenpo 5.0 Black Belt, Mr. Berj Parseghian
About the Instructors:
Mr. Maurice Gomez is a 4th degree black belt in Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate with over 25 years of various Martial Arts experience. He is currently a Use of Force & Tactical Instructor for the Los Angeles Police Department. Mr. Gomez has been offering specialized workshops for women for over 8 years. These workshops have experienced rapid growth in popularity and demand due to his in depth knowledge and expertise. He has been featured on NBC, Univision and the Los Angeles Times. Workshops are really informative and taught in such a dynamic way.
Mr. Berj Parseghian is the Head Instructor/Owner of the Jeff Speakman Kenpo 5.0 Whittier studio teaching both self defense and cardio training. He has been training and teaching for over 24 years and holds a 5th degree black belt under Mr. Jeff Speakman, the creator and head instructor of Jeff Speakman’s Kenpo 5.0, an international martial arts organization in over 20 countries.
About the Event:
This event will be held at the Armenian Center in Montebello, CA on Saturday March 3rd, 2018 from 1-4pm.
This will be a hands on physical event. You will have the opportunity to participate in various drills and different self-defense tactics. If you’ve been to the previous ones, you’ll know how informative & fun they are.
I’m seriously confident that what you will learn that day will change your life. I promise you!
- You will be required to take your shoes off but you can keep your socks on if you want.
- Wear comfortable clothing just like if you were going to the gym or any other similar activity.
- Although this is geared towards women; Men, partners, husbands,boyfriend’s or whomever you choose are allowed to come and participate or even partner up with you.
- You don’t have to do anything you’re not comfortable doing.
- Instructors will be going around and personally assisting each person who’s in attendance.
- You will be empowered, you will be inspired.
- You will leave feeling a sense of pride in yourself because you have taken the first step for a better lifestyle of self-defense & security
- You will be changed.
- You will have a sense that there’s no need to be afraid anymore
- You will realize that you have the strength to fight back and help prevent yourself from being a victim of violence
Thank you so much for your participation should you choose to come.
Entry is FREE! Donations are welcomed but not necessary. All ages 12 and up are encouraged to attend.
Read a testimonial from a past participant:
“This was my first self-defense class I have ever done and it was really great to have it be hands-on and informative. Maurice and his team gave a lot of details about the different techniques. They did a good job in role playing the techniques so we could all understand and practice them ourselves. For a 3 hour class held with a minimum of $5 to a FREE class to join, I thought it was exceptional. Usually, these classes can range for at least $75. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and family. I look forward to participating in upcoming classes as practice is how I will gain my confidence and perfect my self-defense skills if I would ever be in this kind of danger. Although Maurice does not charge a large fee for his teachings, a love offering is strongly encouraged from participants if they feel compelled to do so at the end of class. I guarantee you will leave satisfied!” -Monica Nunez
Special Thank You to the Mayor of Montebello, Vanessa Delgado for giving us the opportunity to have this event.